Citizens holding valid
passports from the following countries are permitted to stay in Costa Rica for
90 days without a visa:
Andorra, Antigua and Barbuda, Argentina, Australia, Austria, Bahamas, Barbados, Belgium, Belize, Bolivia, Brazil, Bulgaria, Canada, Croatia, Chile, Cyprus, Czech, Denmark, Dominica, El Salvador, Estonia, Fiji, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Grenada, Guatemala, Guyana, Honduras, Hungary, Ireland, Iceland, Israel, Italy, Japan, Kiribati, Latvia, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Maldives, Malta, Marshall Islands, Mauritius, Mexico, Micronesia, Monaco, Montenegro, Nauru, Norway, New Zealand, Netherlands, Palau, Panama, Paraguay, Philippines, Poland, Portugal, San Marino, Puerto Rico, Samoa, Serbia, Slovakia, Slovenia, Solomon Islands, South Africa, Tonga, United Kingdom, Romania, Russia, Sao Tome And Principe, Saint Kitts And Nevis, Saint Lucia, Saint Vincent And The Grenadines, Saint Lucia, Samoa, Singapore, Seychelles, South Korea, Sweden, Suriname, Switzerland, Taiwan, Tuvalu, Turkey, Trinidad And Tobago, United States, Vanuatu, Vatican City, Venezuela and Uruguay.
If you are not in the above list you may be able to enter if you have a valid multi-entry visa to enter the United States, Canada, Japan, South Korea, European Union countries and/or Schengen visa.
The following are the application requirement of Costa Rica and other schengen countries visa especially when applying from most of the African home countries with ordinary passport:
1. valid 6 months time ordinary passport.
2. past 6 months statement of bank account(showing enough fund that can carter for your responsibilities during your stay which is from above $3,000 UDS) of minimum balance in your bank account statement.
3. letter of invitation
4. marriage certificate if married
5. Proof of your strong tires.
6. your latter of employment and leave
7. your medical insurance that cover up to your stay in the country
8. two copies of your recent passport photograph with white back.
9. application letter
10. proof of yellow fever varsine
To apply, email firstname.lastname@example.org